Monday, June 2, 2008

Number Game

This is a game I used to teach 3 of my kids their numbers, they enjoy playing it and they learn something. First I take a poster board and divide it into 100 blocks and fill in the numbers from 1 to 100. There are many ways to variate on how you would play. We play with money (money is always good or small candies). I tell them a number and they need to place the money on that number, if they get it right they get to keep the money, if not they lose it. If they are a little older, I tell them," put a quarter on number 72," that way I can reinforce the names of the coins to them.
I have also done this with letters. It could probably be used with sight words also.
I like this game because you can play it while cooking dinner.







post signature

11 comments:

Fuller Family said...

That's a great idea! I found your blog yesterday and enjoyed your bread idea. I'm sure I will be back from time to time!

Melissa said...

Hmm, with sight words...or even letters which my little one needs help with. Thanks a million!!

care-in said...

What a great idea! I've used a 100's board in my classroom with money to help kids count a specific amount. They have to put the correct coin on as they are counting.

Amy said...

That is a cute idea! Maybe I could do this with words for my son who is learning to read- thanks for the idea!

Melanie said...

What a simple way to teach numbers and keep the kids occupied so you can get stuff done.

Fabulous, once again!!

http://livinwithme.com

My Goodness said...

Fantastic idea!! I hope I can make a board soon!

Kisha said...

this is so great!!! I might have to steal it and use it at my daycare class, the older ones can help. Thanks!!!

My Ice Cream Diary said...

This is a fantastic idea. I think I will do this with my son today.

5peasinapod said...

Like the idea about the sight words!!! I am definately gonna make a few of these for the summer! Glad I stumbled upon your blog!

Jenn said...

Great idea! I am going to do this with my son. I think I will make one with ABC too. Thanks!

Sandra said...

This is a GREAT idea. Nicholas starts kindergarten this year and I want to make sure he knows his numbers and letters well. I'll make a numbers on one side and the letters on the other :)

Hugs,
Sandra