Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bubble Painting

A few days ago we did a fun idea from Family Fun Magazine, Bubble Painting. All my kids enjoyed it and were able to do this activity.
You will need: bubbles, food coloring or tempera paint, paper and a kid that likes to blow bubbles. Also old clothing would be nice.
WARNING: Messy activity but a lot of fun.




















Mix 15 drops of food coloring with a 1/2 cup of bubbles.
Or mix 2 tablespoon of tempera paint with 1/2 cup of bubbles.
We found that the food coloring mixture worked the best.

We set up the paper on easels, but Family Fun suggested to taping a large piece of paper to a fence or between 2 trees.









Then have the kids blow the bubbles up against the paper.







Here is what our master pieces turned out to look like:






After the paint dries, frame it to display your beautiful piece of modern art.





post signature

11 comments:

Becky said...

Very cool!

MamaGeek said...

Oh no way.

WAY!

I am SO trying this. This is my kind of craft. One I can NOT screw up (well, in theory). Thanks for passing it on!

Stacia said...

Very cool!! We may have to try it this week!!

Mrs. Bonnie said...

Hi Jenn! No your comment was not to long!
This looks like a great idea, and I hope to give it a try this week!

Melissa said...

We did this last year! Very cool!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, my 3 1/2 year old son will love this one! Thanks for sharing!

Corey~living and loving said...

oooooo how fun. sug and I definately have to try this....

oh and my computer still on the fritz. ugh.....

Allison R said...

I love this. Am going to have to do this with my daughter. Thanks for the GREAT idea.

Happy POW

Carol said...

I actually remember doing the exact same thing as a kid!

I bet they had a blast!

Chelle said...

What a neat idea! It looks like you had a blast!

McMommy said...

Sometimes the messiest projects are the ones that make the best memories!!