Sunday, July 27, 2008

This Weekend's Big Craft Project Part I

I have been wanting to paint my Dining Room for a while now and this weekend we finally did it. I am so excited, I think it turned out great.
I am scared of color, so this was a big step for me. First, I went to Behr.com where you can download a picture of your room and try out different colors on the walls. I originally wanted brown but decided to go with this green and I just love it.
I am showing you this because I just love seeing other people's homes, especially before and after pictures.

This is the boring before:

This is the after. Now I can not believe I left it the way it was for so long. The lighting was not all that great, but you get the idea.




Part II will be the bedroom. It is a work in progress, hopefully it will be done by tomorrow.

Thanks Honey, for all your hard work.

post signature

22 comments:

Mari said...

I love it! It turned out so good. Someday mine will be done and I'll post some befores and afters too.

Pam said...

That is a great color! Way to be brave!

Kristi said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Lisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the color. It looks fantastic! Painting makes such a difference, but I had the process!

Lisa said...

Ooops, should be I hate the process:-)

Melissa said...

That color is GREAT! It really makes the white pop! Nice pick!

Kara said...

i love painting, it's so fun to see how different it looks when you're done. my house is a whole mess of color. :-) looks good!!! (delurking to share!!!)

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it in person!

MamaGeek said...

Oh that is AWESOME! When will he be over to paint mine now? :)

TONYA said...

It looks FABULOUS. I absolutely love it. Great color choice.

Stacia said...

Looks awesome!! I love the color and how it enhances the molding!!

Liberty said...

I love that green! It is the color of our bedroom! Great job!

david mcmahon said...

Very classy. I could have come round with my roller and paint, too.

Brittany said...

Love it!!! It's beautiful!

Kate said...

It looks great. Do you rent your husband out, because mine would never be caught with a roller in his hand:)

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

I think it looks GREAT. Just the right amount of color...I love color, but get scared that I'm doing to much..so I do one room with great color...chicken out on the next...it's a horrible cycle..

Amber M. said...

LOVE the new color.

Kaye said...

Love the color! Beautiful!

My Goodness said...

OH my! I love love LOVE it!! Great color choice!!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I LOVE IT!!! I had that same color in my front room. It's my favorite!

It looks great! :)

4funboys said...

love the color!!

ps... do you think you could maybe get your hubby to call mine???

Jaina said...

I thought the before color was lovely, but wow, the green is beautiful! Your home is beautiful, can I have your floors? Pretty please?