Thursday, July 10, 2008

What I Will Do For Free Food

What we will do for free food. Tomorrow Chick-Fil-A is having Cow Appreciation Day. If you come fully dressed as a cow you receive a free Combo meal or Child's Meal. If you come dressed with cow accessories you will receive a entree item for free. (Money Saving Mom has all the details).
Further down in my post is a cow mask to make.

So today we made cow mask and we are going to Chick-Fil-A tomorrow to get our free food. Are you brave enough to do this? Let me know.
Here are my 4 kids eating at Chik-Fil-A. There was some kind of summer camp there with tons of kids, so it was hard to get a good picture. Plus my oldest daughter was mortified I made her dress up like a cow and go out in public.



But it was not to bad to dress up because there were quite a few others dressed up too. Here is a nice family who let me take their picture. They looked more like Dalmatians but they were cute.


Here are just some of the kids coming in. It was a mad house.




If you are brave enough to go tomorrow, I found how you can make a cow mask.
You will need: 1 Large paper plate, 2 small paper plates, stapler or glue, scissors and markers.








Cut 1 small plate in half for he ears. Staple ears to 2nd small plate.











Now staple small plate to large plate.






Cut holes in small plate for eyes.




Decorate with markers.







Now you have a cow mask to get your free sandwich. Add a white T-shirt and pants with black spots on it you are on your way to a free meal. Have fun!!!!!!!!




post signature

26 comments:

Amber M. said...

I think you should get the free food just for coming up with the cute cow masks! Have fun tomorrow...

Michelle said...

that is adorable and I agree with Amber M you should get free food..:-) I need to keep her nibs busy this afternoon so this darling craft will keep her happy and awake! thanks.

Mari said...

Your masks are just adorable. Sorry to say - there are no Chick-fil-a's near me so I'll have to pass on this one!

Pam said...

When I did the math on how much I would have to spend in gas to get to Chick-Fil-A, I decided to skip it. :( Your costumes look great, though, and I know that you will all have a good time!

Deanna said...

Thank you! Thank you! We saw this announcement on our Chick-Fil-A today and were trying to figure out how to dress up for tomorrow. Can't wait to get up in the morning and make our masks!

Kama said...

Those are really cute masks!!

Vashey Fam said...

I don't blame you Chic-Fil-A is worth the work! Great every-day-life craft!

My Goodness said...

You go!! That's awesome!

The White House said...

cool cows! Happy POW!

Bloggin' Mama said...

Hi, I randomly found this post because I was googling how to make cow masks to get some ideas and your post landed on my first page of results!! I love your masks and may make something similar (the only other idea I could find was too complex for my 4 and 2 year olds)!!! I'm also going to use 'spots' cut out from black construction paper to tape all over them!

Jennifer said...

The masks are a great idea. We used some things that we got at CFA earlier in the week.

Mamasphere said...

Those are awesome! I just called my mom, who watches my daughter while I'm at work, to try and get her to do this! She wasn't all that enthused, but I think once she sees the masks, she'll change her mind. And everyone loves free food!

Jen said...

Would you believe that I don't like Chick-fil-a? I feel like I'm the only one on the planet that doesn't but they can keep their free food.

Amy said...

Sooooo cute :) I love it! I am loving seeing how people are getting their free chicken today :)

Beth said...

I can't believe I missed a free day for any restrauant. Those masks are way cute - way to go MOM!

Niki said...

Oh those masks are adorable! we printed the mask from the site last year and used those once again.

We did it with our MOMs Club this time around and it was fun!

The manager at chickfila took our picture and it is now hanging up at our local restaurant

:)

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Your mask were so inspiring that we copied them! I just wanted you to know that I thanked you on my blog for your crafty inspiration!

Recritique.com said...

How creative. Looks like you had fun.

Robyn

Recritique.com

Kathy and Rebecca said...

Such a cute idea! Your family looked like they had a really good time!
Sadly we do not have this restaurant around us. God Bless, Kathy and Rebecca

McMommy said...

Mmm...chick-fil-a waffle fries are SO worth getting dressed up in a cow costume for!!!

The Mom said...

I heard this on the radio! Such a great take on it!

Kelli said...

if we had a chick here I would have done it, but thats crazy how many people (kids) were there! so cute all of you

Carol said...

Wow I'd dress up as just about anything for free food.

Certainly worth the effort.

mom2natnkatncj said...

What a cute idea and a great promotion for Chick Fil-A. I have none around me unfortunately, but hey for free food I'd do it ;).

Melissa said...

OMG, those are adorable. I think we're going to make those on Wednesday at during Hope's playdate! Genius!

amanda_v said...

That is absolutely adorable! All of them ;)