Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fruity Play Dough


I found this great recipe for fruity smelling Play Dough on the blog, "The Mother Load".

It smells good and super easy to make. I made it right after I saw the recipe.

Here is the recipe:

Fruity Play Dough

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 package Kool-Aid (any flavor)
  • 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
    (the original recipe called for one cup of boiling water, but I found it made the dough too loose- aim for 3/4 cup and add more if needed)

Mix all dry ingredients in bowl then oil, then pour boiling water in and mix thoroughly. Wrap in cellophane or air tight container and store in fridge. The play dough should last a few months.




post signature

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

I love this! what a great idea!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a great idea! I just have to dig around in my cabinet to see if I have any cream of tartar!

raising4boys said...

I love this recipe. I got if from my son's kindergarten teacher a few years back and it's great!!