Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gold Fish Craft

With it being a raining Saturday morning and a long busy week of working, meet the teacher nights, and football practices, I needed to borrow a craft idea from my favorite magazine, Family Fun. They call it the Good-Luck Gold Fish. This is an easy and fun craft that all my kids did.

You will need: Tissue paper, construction paper or card stock, plastic wrap, glue, scissors, paint brush and markers.

Template for the fish


Trace and cut gold fish on paper.





Have strips (approx 1 x6 in) of tissue paper folded.










Cut the tissue paper on unfolded side into crescent shapes. Unfold for the paper to look like scales.









Tape down a piece of plastic wrap and slide fish template underneath.










Paint glue on to the plastic wrap. Use the fish underneath as a template of where to put the glue.









Stick on tissue paper.









Paint on another thin layer of glue on top the tissue paper.









Pull out the fish from underneath and stick on to the tissue paper.



















Allow time to dry (overnight) or help speed up the process by using a blow dryer. You can tell we have no patients.



Cut away excess wrap and tissue paper.

Decorate if you would like.




Have a great weekend everyone.

post signature

5 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

Those are so pretty! I love them.
How was your first week of work?
~Amy

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Very pretty!!

Looks like a great way to spend a rainy Saturday morning!

4funboys said...

great idea!!!

I'm trying to figure out what my kids can make for grandparents day tomorrow... so this gave me an idea to Personalize it a little.

thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

How fun!! I'm going to have to try this one with my son too. :)

Kim said...

What a great idea! I also teach 2 yr olds at a preschool and we do a similar craft. we have a shape and a color of the month. I cut the shape out of the color then cut the center out similar to what has been done with the fish. I then use clear contact paper and stick the shape on. The children "fill in" the sticky part with tissue paper squares.