Monday, October 13, 2008

Jennwa's Inbox- Ice Cream Sunde Craft

Welcome to another edition of Jennwa's Inbox, where a reader asks for a craft suggestion and I try to come up with an answer.

Judy writes:

"I am hosting an ice cream birthday party in a week and I need some craft ideas. Do you have any ideas about an easy ice cream themed craft?? Thanks"

This is not one of my better ideas, but it was all I could come up with. So if any reader's have any suggestions, please leave a comment. I am sure Judy would appreciate it.

You will need: construction paper, scissors, glue, pom-poms, sequins or beads, markers and glue.

Cut out the shapes of a bowl, banana and ice cream scoops.

Glue on and decorate.

This is Cheyanne's Sundae.

I hope this helps a little Judy, and have a fun party.

post signature


Caroline said...

I like the picture idea, nice and compact and easy to take home.

What about painting or otherwise coloring some styrofoam balls and glueing them onto a cone (or dish, or cupcake paper) to make an ornament?

I've also seen pompoms put into a small (shot glass size) plastic glass as the ice cream and then a smaller red pompom for a cherry on top.
Both could be decorated with sequins, glitter, fabric paint, etc

Mari said...

I was going to give the idea that Caroline gave with the pompoms in the plastic glass and sequins... on top. I've seen this done once and it was cute.

Jaina said...

You have the best ideas.