Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scented Leaf Printing


One thing I love about helping out in my son's class is all the great ideas I get to see. I love this this idea, it is a different way to get a leaf print.

It is fun, easy and smells great. It uses Kool-Aid or Gelatin powder to make the print.



To do these great prints you will need: Jello or Kool-Aid powder (any brand will do), leaves (they can't be dry and crumbly), glue, paint brush and paper.










First, paint the leaf on the vein side.







Press the glue side down firmly on to the paper.
Peel leaf from the paper.







Sprinkle the powder on to the glue print.

















Dump off access.







And here is your print.




This is Caity's print.






post signature

3 comments:

eetomost said...

that is awesome, i'm sure you get tired of me saying that, but these are things that I would never have thought of on my own:)

Leigh-NC

sandy said...

I really like this! It's rainy here today and this would make a great addition to our activities today. Thanks.

Jenn said...

I love this! I have some boxes of jello that have expired and so I think we are going to try this next week. I try to pick one of your projects a week. I don't know how you do so many!