Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Thanksgiving Corn Craft

This craft is not only cute, it is yummy too. You can eat on the extra popcorn while you craft. This really is a cute and easy craft to do.


You will need: Popcorn (popped), a paper grocery bag, scissors, glue, Ziplock baggies and paint red, yellow and orange (acrylic or tempera).










Pour a small amount of paint into a baggie. Add some popcorn and shake until popcorn is colored.

Repeat with the other 2 colors.







Allow time for popcorn to dry.










Cut out the shape of corn from paper bag.












Glue popcorn on to the corn shaped paper bag.













post signature

8 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Very cool, indeed!

Angela said...

This looks fun!!! My 2yo would love doing this craft. I wonder if you could use food coloring instead of the paints? Seems like it may dry a little wuicker and there may not be as big a mess?

jennifer@love,laughter,and lyrics said...

I love this! Hooray for all your great ideas!

Alicia said...

Ooh! I'm working with preschoolers for the next couple weeks, so the corn and turkey crafts will be perfect! Thanks for saving me so much time and brain power trying to find Thanksgiving crafts!

Amber M. said...

This is darling. The little popcorn monsters will LOVE making these!

Family O'Foxes said...

very clever!! looks like fun.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

YUMMY! I'll be linking to this! You have the BEST ideas. Interested in adopting an additional kid in her late 20's? ;-)

kat said...

What a great idea. I think I'll try this with my kids!