Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough



I have not made this yet, but it sounds good. I can not wait to try it.

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
Ingredients:
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cup salt
8 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 oz pumpkin pie spice (or your own combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and mace)
4 cups water
Food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
Mix in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until all lumps disappear. As soon as it cools enough to handle, knead on a flour surface until smooth.
Store in air tight container.
This play dough is not edible, just for playing !!!!!





post signature

5 comments:

sandy said...

I have tried this and it smells wonderful!

Jaina said...

That sounds great, but I think I'd have a hard time not eating it...

The Happy Mom said...

How weird, I was thinking about posting this recipe! I used to make this all the time when my daughter was younger, it used to smell SO good! Another good one for around Christmas is Gingerbread play-doh.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how fun! Two of my favorite smells...What an interesting combination! I'll be linking to this.

Hyser Family said...

Just made this -- turned out great! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Since I only have one child old enough to play, I halved the recipe and it was still more than enough! I would imagine the whole recipe would make gobs! :)