Monday, December 1, 2008

Milk Jug Santa

I love this Santa. He turned out so cute. Can you believe he is made out of a gallon milk jug?

I did not take too many pictures because I was not sure how he would turn out.

Materials needed: Gallon milk jug, red, black, white and flesh color acrylic paint, small red pom-pom, cotton balls (I used Jumbo sized), black and yellow felt, glue, and paint brushes .

For the hat I used red felt but you could also use a red sock.

For glue, I did use a hot glue gun, but craft glue would work well also.

First, paint the milk jug. The top flesh colored and the bottom red.

It may need 2 coats.

Cut out felt pieces for the belt and hat.

For the hat, I cut into a triangle and folded over into a cone shape and glued together.

Glue on hat, belt and nose.

Paint eyes and brows.

Then glue on cotton balls around the hat, tip of the hat and on the face for the beard.

HO ! HO! HO! Merry Christmas !!!

post signature


Lucky Me! said...

This is so adorable!!! I can't wait to make one! I must run to Michael's to get some flesh colored acrylic paint. Thanks for sharing!

Dee Light said...

What a jolly guy!! Soooo cute.

Mari said...

Another cute one!

A said...

How CUTE! His pompom nose is adorable!

Mel said...

That is so cute. You have the greatest ideas!

Satsuki Rebel said...

Cute kid project. Instead of buying flesh colored paint you can mix the color yourself using white as the base and adding drops of red and yellow until you get the shade you want- just a thought. ^^

Jaina said...

I am SO doing this. I drink so much milk, this will be perfect!

SANDRA said...

Thanks for linking up with
"Have a Recycled Crafty Christmas." I loved the way your milk jug Santa came out. You did an excellent step by step tutorial on making one. I think we will try making one this week as soon as the milk runs out. :)

Brandi said...

He is so cute! I am planning on borrowing some of your crafts! I will post pictures in the next few weeks when I get them done! :) Thanks for all the cute ideas!