Friday, December 5, 2008

The Symbols of Christmas


I did a bulletin board at school that has the symbols of Christmas with their meanings. Even if you do not have board to decorate, you could make a book with these ideas.

I know I have a blank area, I am going to add a Candy Cane with it saying, " Upside down "J" shape stands for Jesus. The white represents Jesus washing away our sins and the red represents the blood Jesus shed for us. "

I cut out all the pictures from construction paper.
















The Symbols of Christmas


























The Star







was placed in the sky for the wise men to follow.























The Wreath







is a circle without any end, the same as God's love for us.
















The Candles



shine brightly, to tell us that Jesus is the light of the world.




























The Baby




in the manger shows the birth of Jesus, the savior of the world.


















The Present







are given to remind us of God's gift to the world.
















The Tree



points to heaven, and reminds us that God is eternal.










post signature

11 comments:

teachingtinytots said...

great bulletin board!

jaime said...

this is really great! and i'm happy to see that your school allows the true teaching of Christmas, and not just have a "holiday" event.

Melissa said...

Ooo, I like this one...you could even use it at home to remind your little ones the reason for the season.

Sheila said...

What a good idea! My 5 year old is a bit confused about all these things and asked me for a cookie shaped like baby Jesus. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be making this bullention board for my kids.

Professional Mommy said...

We just made this. I've been doing a lot of your great ideas. Thanks so much!

Dee Light said...

great ideas! I did a post about the Legend Of The Candy Cane. Your ideas will be a great addition to our activities.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - I was wondering if you teach at a Christian school, or is it public? I'm shocked that you're allowed to have this bulletin board up if it's a public school.

Jaina said...

I didn't know a lot of that, how neat. And I echo Anonymous' question.

jennwa said...

I teach at a relgious preschool. It is a Moravian church.

Tanya said...

Thanks for answering my question, Jen. That makes sense! I love your blog, by the way. You have such creative ideas and I love to see how differently each of your kid's crafts turns out from one another. :)