Thursday, January 15, 2009

Letter Matching Game

I was going through a closet and I came across this game I had made for Colton when he was learning his letter. This is such and easy and inexpensive game to make for you children to learn their Upper and Lower case letters.

Take you child's favorite cookie cutter and trace it on to a piece of cardboard to make a pattern. Then trace the pattern on construction paper or poster board. Trace and cut out 52 shapes. Then write the a letter on each shape. One set of upper case and one set of lower case. Now match them.


For my 2 older kids, I cut out 52 mittens and put the letters on them. Then I hung a clothes line in the house and had them match each set. They would the hang the set on the clothes line with clothes pins. They loved this game.



post signature

3 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Again, I say. WRITE A BOOK! All these ideas just continue to amaze me.

jaime said...

i love this! Can i be your neighbor?? you have the most amazing crafts and/or learning ideas! thanks again!

kb29 said...

This is so cute. I've been looking for a new way to do the ABC's and think this is goingot be a winner. Now I just ahve to make myself do all the cutting, lol.