Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pre School Egg Carton Games

With times being the way they are, a lot of us are trying to save money. Here are some inexpensive pre -school games you can make yourself, and the kids really like to play them.

Egg Carton Counting Game:



I used: an egg carton, scissors, printed numbers (writing them works too), glue stick, and dry beans or beads.











I cut out the numbers and glued them to inside of the egg cups.









Now count the beans and place them in the correct egg cup. My kids love using my kitchen utensils to play. They used a small ladles, measuring spoons and measuring cups.







The second game we made was Egg Carton Color Matching


We painted a egg carton different colors in each cup.

To play, we used kitchen tongs to place colored pom-poms in the correct matching egg cup.




The key to these games is allowing your kids to use fun things to move the beans and pom-poms.




post signature

9 comments:

Amber, That's Me! said...

Our Parents As Teachers lady brought the color matching one and my son just loves it! We have lots of fun with it.

jk said...

Love it! My kids will love doing both of these. You are so resourceful :)

Nadine said...

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

~Sara said...

I love the egg carton idea! Thank you for much for this idea.

Melissa said...

I really like the color matching game. My 2 & 3 yr olds will get lots of fine motor practice using those tongs!

Sunshine said...

You are so creative! Thanks for the super ideas.

Erika said...

LOVE the egg carton color matching game!! I'm def putting this on our plans for this week!

Clicked over from "Impress your Kids" link to Totally Tots post on early concepts!

Shahrukh said...

This blog is content amazing information about Easter games which is very useful for me. It very important information about Easter festival.
Thank you very much for this great information.
Easter Games

Altax said...

Cool pictures!!! Really love this idea.

Preschool Games