Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre School Popsicle Stick Game

Today, I made this great game for Cheyanne, it is perfect for pre-schoolers. It is easy, inexpensive, portable and incorporates a lot of skills young ones need.



You will need: Popsicle sticks, construction paper, hole punch, glue, 3 ring binder and a plastic baggie.













Punch holes in the paper, so it will fit in the binder.
Glue sticks into shapes and letters that you want your young ones to copy.


For younger children you can draw a pattern for them to lay the sticks on.











I also made pages with letters that you could make with the sticks.
Then I cut out pictures from a magazine that started with the letter on the paper.


















post signature

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Great idea!

Three Wonderful Kids! said...

I LOVE THIS! I've got an almost 3 year old that would love to do this and we will be able to take this with us when we have to go somewhere. Thanks!

Ruth Ann said...

Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I so look forward to making this for my boys! It'll be perfect for keeping them busy when we visit others! Awesome! Thanks!

Melissa said...

This is an awesome idea! I know for sure that I'll make it for my 2 & 3 yr olds, and probably also for my pre-k class for letter/shape recognition. Thanks for sharing!

Linds said...

Great idea! Wow! I love that it's portable.

Aimee said...

Simple and so doable. Thanks for sharing this great idea! I can't wait to pull one together for my two little ones :)

melanie said...

I love this idea!! It could be used for so many things!

Annikke said...

THAT is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it!

mommyme said...

We will try this, looks like fun!

Hadley Coble said...

LOVE this!

I am going to put one of these together!

ABC and 123: A Learning Cooperative said...

Hi There!

Just popping in to tell you we included this activity in tomorrow's post on letter activities. Thanks for sharing!