Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Valentine's Day Card Box

Cheyanne and I had a great time making these Valentine's Day Card box. It was easy enough for her to do and it turned out adorable.



We used: Empty cereal boxes, scissors, glue, ribbon, felt and colorful paper (scrap book paper, wrapping paper or even magazine pages. )

Cut the paper into squares about 3 x 3 inches. Or whatever size you want.







Glue the paper all over the box.


Cut out hearts (I used felt but paper would work just as well.)

Glue on the hearts.






On the sides of the box, poke a hole and thread through the ribbon. Tie a knot in the ribbon on the inside of the box.









For the top I left the flap unglued. I cut a slit on the opposite flap.
Now you can still close the box.









post signature

7 comments:

A said...

Cute! I love the strap!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, this brings back SO many memories! Valentine's Day at school was my favorite! I loved going from box to box slipping those little cards in! I'll be linking to this.

MoziEsmé said...

Very pretty creation - well done!

cindy said...

Love your craftiness! I left an award for you on my blog-go check it out!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Another clever work of art (and I love your little model)!

Jaina said...

Those are awesome.

anne said...

I love your valentine's day card holder. It's really cute.