Sunday, February 22, 2009

Handprint Butterflies

This week in my pre school class we are continuing the theme of bugs. One of the crafts we are going to be doing is this week is hand print butterflies.


We used: Construction paper (yellow and black), paint, brush, glue, scissors,a chenille stem and wiggly eyes.






Make 4 hand prints on the construction paper. Allow to dry. Cut around the hand print and leave a 1/4 in. border.
Cut a body shape.
Glue on antennas.









Glue the wings and wiggly eyes.





















post signature

12 comments:

Vickie said...

That is so cute! What a great idea.

I love using the hand print idea. One year I made Christmas cards using the prints as a tree.

Macy and Lucy said...

Oh, I am LOVING these! I love handprint crafts. I am thinkin about having a spring craft party for a few of my little girls' friends and their Mommies...this one is definitely going on the list of crafts for the party! Love it!!

sandy said...

I love all things made with handprints! These are really cute:0)

Heather said...

handprint crafts are my favorite to get from the kids. It is nice to have something to keep that is a reminder of how small they once were.

Infant Bibliophile said...

So cute! This one is getting starred in my reader. :)

Scrapbooking by Syrena said...

Very Cute!!!
Wonderful idea!
I am putting the idea in my art ideas for lesson planning!!!

Jenny said...

Those are adorable!

I nominated you for an award on my blog:
http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/02/ive-been-honored-with-blog-award.html

Tanya said...

ADORABLE! I'm such a sucker for handprint projects! :)

melanie said...

I love these!! We will have to do these when we do butterflies this summer.

Paula said...

I love all the crafts you do here but the butterfly is my favorite. Thanks for the ideas. I linked to you on my blog...I hope you don't mind.

Allie said...

Jennifer I swear we must drink the same coffee- we are posting a similar activity next week ! I'll make sure to link yours in the post too !

Lisa said...

This is adorable. Thanks for the tutorial.