Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Flower

Here are some sweet flowers are a lot cheaper than roses and they won't die.

But best of all they are made with love.






Cheyanne and I used: Construction paper, scissors, glue and a chenille stem.

(I also used a stapler to reinforce the flower.)









Cut the paper into strips about an inch thick. I used 4 strips of paper.


Glue together an "X" with 2 strips.











Make another "X" and glue it on top making a star shape.


Then cut the strips in half up to the center.









Place glue on the tips and fold over to the center.













Fold all strips over to form a flower.


You may want to add a staple to hold it all down.










Glue a circle in the middle.




Add a chenille stem to make a hanger.


















post signature

8 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a cute idea! I doubt I'll be getting in flowers this Valentine's so maybe I better make some for myself!

Joannof10 said...

I love these, they are perfect for anytime as we wait for spring to arrive.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

These are MY KIND of flowers! And your model is adorable.

Anne said...

I really like these. So cute and perfect for so many different holidays.

Family O'Foxes said...

that is so cute!!!
~Amy

TwoHeartsTogether said...

This is great! My preschoolers will love this, thanks for the great project :) This will get us ready for spring

MoziEsmé said...

Very sweet! Love the love involved... :)

Jaina said...

How pretty!