Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Easy St. Patrick's Day Decorations

Caity, Cheyanne and I decorated this entry way today. It is an inexpensive St.Patrick's Day decoration that the kids think is fun to walk through.


We used: Crepe paper (rainbow colors), paper plates, green acrylic paint, sponge(cut into a heart shape), paint brush and tape.




To make the shamrocks, I used the left over heart shaped sponge I cut for Valentine's Day.








I printed the hearts and painted a stem on paper plates.
Allowed to dry.
Cut around the shamrock.














To hang everything, I just taped it.















post signature

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Cool idea with the heart stamp.
Cute entryway.

sandy said...

Love it!

Suzanne said...

I'm always inspired by your ideas! I will do this today with my 4 year old, she will get a kick out of it! Thank you! :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love this, it's so much fun! I'll be linking.

Brittany said...

What adorable St. Patrick's crafts! Thanks for all the great ideas!

Jenn said...

I love this idea. How cute! I can't wait to do this on our doorway. My son will love it. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve linked to you:
http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/diy-inspiring-saint-patricks-day-decor.html
I hope you’ll stop by & share the love!
-Jenn

Jenn said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve got a new FEATURED BUTTON & will be starting my new MckLinky party TOT TUESDAYS next week. I’d love it if you’d stop by: http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-buttons-party.html

Carla said...

Now all you need is a pot of gold or some kind of "gold" cookies (yum!) at the end of your rainbow! How adorable...you are always so creative and clever! I am always inspired

Creative and Curious Kids! said...

Love this!! Might just have to surprise my kiddos St. Patrick's Day morning. :)

Jen