Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Flower Box

I have been wanting to do a flower box craft and a salad spinner craft, so I thought I would combine the two. I saw the salad spinner idea here, and I thought it looked like so much fun.

I also thought this would be a great idea to start off Spring.


For this project we used: Salad Spinner, food coloring, paper plates, lid to a show box, construction paper, scissors, glue, straws (or craft sticks painted green) and play dough.









I cut the paper plate to fit in the salad spinner and poked a hole in the center. We placed plate in spinner.
Cheyanne dropped the food coloring.

















Cheyanne spinned.














Isn't that pretty ?






For the flower box, I wrapped the outside of the lid with construction paper. And I glued a brown piece on the inside to look like dirt.
Cheyanne decorated the outside of the lid with stickers.
We then put play dough pieces into the lid. The play dough has to be large enough to hold the flower and stem.
I cut out the spinner art into flower shapes and we glued it on to the straw.
Place the stem into the play dough.

























post signature

18 comments:

LeAnna said...

Oh this looks like too much fun!! I will have to try this one next time one of the nieces are at the house!

Michelle said...

Very cute!! Did you use your regular salad spinner? Did the paint come off of it well, I wanted to try the salad spinner art, but I was worried that the paint would stain it.

ScottChrisCoriCassiCali said...

Girl, that is cute! We made Love-Stems back in the fall and they decorated our Library until the kids recently took them to the Nursing home on a field trip. These might be fun to make and decorate the Library with for Spring. :)

jennwa said...

I used a salad spinner I bought from Wal-mart.

I used food coloring, so I could still use it afterwards with the lettuce.
The food coloring pretty much all came off.

Jennifer said...

Hi! I gave you an award. Come check it out at: http://mytwohappyhomeschoolers.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-am-so-honored.html

*Noelle* said...

super cute idea!!! love it;)

noelle

Vickie said...

Cool project. I love the salad spinner idea.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Love this! Would this work for the Kindergarten Spring party? Let me know what you think.

teachingtinytots said...

I just bought a salad spinner for this reason!!!

we are making some fun flowers for my moms bday!

Dee Light said...

Too Cool!! We don't have a salad spinner, but we may have to get one!!

Evden said...

This is so pretty. I love all the colors.

Marci said...

Wow! I've been looking for a reason to use my salad spinner!!! Can't wait to do this with the kids!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Beautiful! Yay for spring!

Miller Moments said...

I'm new to your blog-and love it! This flower idea is darling.

Jaina said...

How clever! I used to have a paint set that spun like that and you could make paintings in a similar manner, except you dropped the paint while it was spinning. Love this project :)

jk said...

I just love, love, love this project idea!!! I can't wait to try it!

Hippie Family... said...

that is so cute!! I am going to use that for gift tags this summer!!!

anyamanya said...

Thank You for the great idea, my children loved it! :)