To make the sombrero we used:
1 paper plate, 1 Styrofoam bowl, bright colored paints, glue, chenille stems and beads.
1. paint the bowl and plate and allow to dry.
2. Glue bowl to plate.
3. Punch holes around the border of the plate for beads and two holes a little further in for the hat strap.
4. Thread beads on to chenille stems and wrap in holes around the border.
5. Thread chenille stems through hat strap holes.
For the poncho we used: Large paper bag, scissors and brightly colored paints.
1. Cut a hole in the bottom of the bag, large enough for your child's head. And cut large slits in the sides for the arms.
2. Paint with bright colors. Allow time to dry.
3. Cut fringes on the bottom of the poncho.
More Cinco de Mayo crafts to come.