Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Crosses on Calvary

I derived this craft from a project that Cheyanne's pre school class did. I thought it was a perfect Easter craft to share.

We used: an Egg carton cup, playdough (or clay), 6 craft sticks, scissors, brown and gold paint, brushes, Easter grass (or craft moss) and glue.
This can be done in so many different ways, so just use what you have around the house.

Cheyanne painted 4 craft sticks brown and 2 gold.
The 4 brown craft sticks, I cut with scissors so they would make smaller crosses. Round off the edges a bit.
Glue the sticks together making crosses.



Fill the egg cup with playdough and glue on the grass.
Poke the crosses into the dough.
I also cut out an egg shape from construction paper and glued the egg cup on it.







post signature

10 comments:

Our Family said...

What a great idea! I just found your blog, but promise to return often. You have so many neat ideas that I would love to do with my daughter! Thanks! :) Lana

Jen said...

Jennifer- I have an award for you over at Creative and Curious Kids! I've been enjoying your blog!

http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com/2009/04/awards-and-apologies.html

fortyb4forty said...

I love this craft. I was looking for something to do with my boys when they get home from school tomorrow (its early dismissal).
I've copied several of your crafts and done them with my boys but never commented.
Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas.

Joannof10 said...

This is a great idea! I am going to do this with the kids tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Annette said...

This you should repost every year!!

Heather said...

This is a great craft to do w/ our 4-year-old Sunday School class! Thanks!!

little prince's mummy said...

Creative wor..

Miller Moments said...

This is exactly the craft I've been looking for. It's hard to find cute cross/Easter crafts. Thanks for sharing.

Joan D'Arcy said...

Thank you for sharing!!! have been looking for something like this. Will do it tomorrow

Sheila said...

Thanks! I'm so glad to see an Easter craft that is actually about Easter. ;)