Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kids Cooking Stuffed Shells

Here is a delicious dinner your kids can actually make,. I found this recipe in my Taste of Homes Magazine. The minute I saw it, I knew I wanted to try it.

It really tasted good, and the girls were so proud of themselves.


The Ingredients: 1 package (12 oz) Jumbo shells
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
36 frozen cooked Italian Meatballs (1/2 oz each), thawed
2 cups (8oz)shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese


Cheyanne shredded the cheese. Yes, she is young for this, but that is what happens when your the 4 th child.

1. Cook shells according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water.


Place 1/2 cup of sauce in a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish.
Place a meatball in each shell, and place in prepared dish.




Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.




Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover: bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.











post signature

12 comments:

Annette said...

Yummy! And easy...and my dh will eat it since there's no ricotta!

BranFlakes said...

YUM! I LOVE stuffed shells and haven't had them in a while, it's going on the shopping list. My 4yo LOVES to grate cheese and he learned very quickly to keep his fingers away!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Yum! This looks super easy and since my 3-year old loves to help with anything I'm doing in the kitchen, this will be one she can easily help with! Look forward to trying this out!

Busy Bee with Three said...

I love seeing all your creative ideas and I nominated you for a blog award! Check out my blog,crayonsglueandscissors.blogspot.com for details!
Colleen

Clemencia said...

that's Jessica's favorite part, to shred the cheese :) It looks delicious by the way :)

cgivans said...

It looks absolutely amazing. We actually had stuffed shells tonight. The recipe I used called for spinach and cottage cheese. I am not a spinach eater, and neither is anyone else in our family, but we all ate it and are having it for leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!!! (We are trying to reduce our red meat intake, lol)

Avery & Hailey said...

Hey Jennifer! It's Beth from Sunday school! THis looks yummy!!

Evden said...

These look great! I love using those frozen meatballs whenever I can. They are so easy.

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Yum Yum!

Satsuki Rebel said...

You know I've never stuffed any pasta/bread/cookie/chicken/etc? I know I'd haveta join in.

Jaina said...

Mmmm, I know what I want for dinner now. Those look delicious!

Helle from Denmark said...

Thanks for inspiring us all the way to Denmark - my dd and I just made stuffed shells for the first time and the family loved it :-)