Monday, April 13, 2009

Things that are in Tall Grass

Today, Cheyanne and I were talking about things that live in tall grass, I thought it would be fun to do a craft to go along with it. You could also use this idea to talk about what lives in a pond.

We used: 2 pieces of construction paper (white and green), markers, scissors, and stapler (or glue).
I also happened to have matching foam pieces, but they are not needed.

On the white paper, draw things that live in the grass.


Then cut the green paper to look like grass. Cut triangle shapes from the top to about a 1/2 inch from the bottom. Staple or glue the grass to the bottom of the picture.
Now peak behind the grass to see who is there.








post signature

7 comments:

BranFlakes said...

What a cute project! I love anything that uses their own drawings.

Vickie said...

That is a good idea! Since it is starting to get warm outside, they have been wanting to go bug searching.

Toni said...

what a great idea, I think those spur of the moment crafts are the best

Annette said...

Last night at the library I saw a book kit (with puppets) called IN the Tall, Tall Grass. I think it was by Denise Fleming.

Corey~living and loving said...

sooooooooooo darling!

sarah in the woods said...

How cute!

Jen said...

I love the peek-a-boo effect! I think my girls would like this. Maybe a nature walk to find critters and then a craft- sounds like a good time!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com