Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easy and Healthy Dressing

With Summer coming, and the realization that I will soon need to put on a bathing suit, we have started to try to eat healthier. As a lot of children, my kids are not always super excited about the idea of eating more vegetables. Also as most kids, if you add Ranch with the vegetables it helps. But Ranch is so fattening and full of useless calories.

The Ranch in the bottle that I have (Ken's Steak House) has 140 calories for 2 Tbs and 15 grams of Fat.

I have an easy recipe that for 1 Cup, it has approx. 110 calories, 0 grams of fat, DV 40% calcium.

My kids love it, and do not know it is not the "real" ranch.



I just mix 1 cup of plain yogurt and a few teaspoons of ranch dressing or dip mix (add ranch to taste).

It is yummy and does not negate the point of eating the vegetables.

post signature

4 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

This stuff is very tasty, y'all! (Of course, not quite as good as Ken's but still really good!)

Miller Moments said...

Great idea. We'll have to try it out.

Jaina said...

That looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Shannon said...

Smart!