Monday, May 11, 2009

Ooey Gooey Putty

I love play dough, slime and any gooey recipe I can find. This is a great recipe, it is not really slime, it is more like putty.

Cheyanne love making it, and even more playing with it. It stretches so much.



We used: Elmer's Glue, Borax, water, food coloring and 2 bowls.

In the first bowl mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) of Elmer's Glue and 1/2 cup water.
In the second bowl mix 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tablespoon of Borax.


Then add Borax mixture to the glue mixture.




Knead with hands until it is completely mixed.
Color with food coloring if desired.
Store in air tight container.









post signature

9 comments:

melanie said...

I think I'm going to try this with Hailey. She doesn't like getting her hands sticky though. So I don't know how much she'd like. I know I would love it though!

Miller Moments said...

oh, looks like fun!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I can't wait to try this tomorrow. ;)

Jen said...

We call it GAK! Love making this recipe at home and my daughter loves playing with it!

Nicki said...

I love making that stuff! I've always called it Flubber... and Gak is something else, I think involving laundry starch. Both are so much fun!

Jaina said...

Gak, haha, I remember that stuff. SO fun!

Jen said...

My older daughter would love to get her hands on this! Now peanut would probaly stay far away. Isn't it funny how kids are so unique.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Now that looks like fun!

Preschool Playbook said...

How is clean up for this? Looks sticky?