Tuesday, June 2, 2009

End of the Year Class Party

Today, my daughter's second grade teacher asked me to do an End of the Year class party for Monday. Since I have a limited time for planning and getting supplies together this is what I have decided to do.

Beach Party Theme:

- Kid's make their own Ice Cream Sundaes (Parents can send in toppings)

-Water Balloon Toss - The kids team up in pairs and toss the balloons back and forth, the last group to still have the balloon wins.

- Beach Ball Relay- The kids race with a beach ball between their knees.

-Water Balloon Spoon Race - Teams race with a balloon balanced on a spoon, the team that last the longest wins.

-Limbo

-Ping Pong Ball Toss- The team who tosses in the most ping pong balls into beach pails filled with sand wins.

If you do not have a class party to plan, I think these would also be fun ideas for a Birthday Party.

Also, if any one has any suggestions to improve this party for 19 kids and an hour long, please leave a comment.



post signature

6 comments:

Miller Moments said...

Fun ideas! My son's birthday is this month and those are great party ideas.

ScottChrisCoriCassiCali said...

It sounds like a lot to do in one hour. It also sounds like a fun day!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I think that's a lot to accomplish in an hour but I would rather have too much planned than not enough.

I hope you have several parent helpers!

No crafts? Probably a smart move! :)

Evden said...

Sounds like fun! It seems like they usually just do a foam craft and have a snack. These are some great games to get outside and play. I bet they will love the water ballon game.

EntertainingMom said...

I painted some pails for the kids... I wrote CU Later then drew a picture of an aligator beneath and then wrote each child's name on it. They came out really well and the kids love them. I have an extra pail left over and I will let Alexander paint one today. I used the Paint markers and a regular plastic pail that cost less than $1.

I was going to bake some shell shaped sugar cookies to put inside the pail but I just didn't have enough time.

I have a pic on my blog (under my birthday post) and am going to create a specific post for your Friday showcase.

Vickie said...

That would be a fantastic idea! My kids would love it if I just did it for the heck of it.