Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lovely Lei

Cheyanne and I made a lei out of egg carton cups. It turned out very pretty, better than what the picture shows.
We used: egg carton, paint, brushes. string, scissors, glue, straw and sequins. You could also use glitter, tissue paper, beads and buttons to decorate the flowers.


Cut a part the egg carton cups, and paint them different colors.



Allow to dry. Decorate the flowers.
Poke a hole in the bottom of each cup and cut the straws in sections. Alternate threading the flowers and straws.

Now dance the Hula !!!!



post signature

11 comments:

melanie said...

That turned out soooo cute. I love it!

Mama King said...

Love it!

Preschool Playbook said...

These are great!

Miller Moments said...

I love this! We just booked a trip to Hawaii for winter and now we can make these before we go to add to the excitement! Thanks for sharing.

SANDRA said...

What a great craft. I loved your idea for using egg carton cups. It turned out beautiful.

Clemencia said...

Ooohhh! I'll have to make this, it looks like a hawaiian necklace :)

Martha said...

CUTE. great idea.

Christy said...

I love this craft and cannot wait to try it!
I tagged you to do 6 unimportant things
http://superheroesandprincesses.blogspot.com/2009/06/6-unimportant-things-that-make-me-happy.html

Clemencia said...

My favorite blogs have been tagged and you are one of them here in my blog :)
http://storytime-storytime.blogspot.com/

Jaina said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this idea! Thank you!

TwoHeartsTogether said...

Super cute idea! That will go great with our "hawaiian theme" this summer

~Samantha