Thursday, June 18, 2009

Parrot or a Patriotic Parrot

Colton and I made these great parrots. You can make a traditional parrot or you can use Red, White and Blue to make it a patriotic parrot.

We used: Construction paper, crepe paper (or tissue paper), scissors, glue and wiggly eyes.

I cut out a parrot body and beak.
Colton and I looked at pictures of parrots to see exactly what they looked like.

Colton decorated the face.

I cut slits in the body for the wings and tail.
And cut strips of crepe paper.

Colton threaded the crepe paper through the slits on the body.

Patriotic Parrot

Original Parrot:

post signature


Jaina said...

Those are both awesome parrots. What a great idea.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Very cute! I like the patriotic parrot!

Preschool Playbook said...

I might have to use these during my pet unit. They look great.

SANDRA said...

They look great! I love the Patriotic one. Thank you for sharing.

sunnymama said...

Cute parrots!

BranFlakes said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.