Saturday, July 4, 2009

Craft Inspired by HGTV's Color Splash

This is a craft inspired by the T.V. show Color Splash on HGTV. I was watching the show and David Bromstad was painting this number piece on wood. I thought, "We can do this."

We had some extra pieces of wood left over from one of my husband's projects and we painted on them with acrylic paints.

I told the kids to paint any letters or numbers and create a piece of art.






post signature


Sarah said...

How fun! Way to go getting inspiration and running with it! That is awesome!

ChadP said...

We love to see stuff like this! Keep up the great work. I hope you don't mind but I posted your photo with a link up at

~ ChadP

Marketing Unscrambled, learn to earn 14 said...

Nice job done by all. The children did a wonderful job. I also love Color Splash. Keep running with the ideas. They turned out very well. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

EntertainingMom said...

Love it! Thanks for the idea!

Susana said...

Seriously, your crafts rock!! Go YOU!! Love your blog!

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Love your crafts. David is great inspiration. I just love his show.

Brianna said...

how fun!im totally going to try this

Elizah said...

Excellent idea -- I love turning "trash" into treasure and occupying the kiddies at the same time. Just a heads up to moms who are looking for more natural alternatives...I just read a great article over at (an online green themed social network) that tells you how to make natural pigment watercolors that your children can use to paint with or dye homemade clay or dye fabric with. Seems like a fantastic multi-day project to occupy them during the summer months --

Jennifer said...

love it! =) I randomly came across this in google image search and had to tell you that you rock =)

Jenn @ Peas & Crayons