Monday, July 13, 2009

Leaf Printing

Today the kids and I did some leaf printing. I think it is a fun and easy craft to do anytime.

I also think if you did these prints on fabric they would make great pillows.



We used: Construction paper, leaves (the thicker the better), paint brushes, and acrylic paints. We also used a rolling pin because my girls like using them.


Paint a leaf on the vein side.


Press on the paper.



Or roll over the leaf.





Peel off the leaf.
And repeat.



























post signature

9 comments:

Amber, That's Me! said...

Wow, very pretty! Great idea!

Karin Katherine said...

Okay, we are so doing this project! Thanks for posting. I needed a craft for this week.

The girl who painted trees said...

How funny:) Bear and I did this today too! I'll be posting it later this week:)
Bear wasn't too into it though and she ended up just painting. I personally had a grand time leaf printing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

These turned out so pretty!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Fun and so easy-I love that! I'll be linking.

Preschool Playbook said...

OOO I like these! One to remember for the school year!

Elsie said...

Beautiful! My kids and I are working on a leaf theme this week and so we will definitely add this to our list of activities:)

diane said...

What a great idea to use a rolling pin to do this. So pretty, and great for making cards....we love making cards.
Thanks.