Monday, December 13, 2010

Hand Print Peppermint Candy

I just love this craft, so I thought I would re-post it.


This is such a cute craft, Cheyanne loved making it because she got to use the salad spinner.

We used: Salad Spinner, 3 paper plates, red and/or green paint, glue, scissors, and poem.
Optional: ribbon and peppermint oil. You can add the oil to the paint to make it smell like a peppermint.

Cut the paper plate to fit in the salad spinner. Place the plate in the salad spinner and drop a few drops of paint on the plate.
Now spin.



On the other to plates, make hand prints on each plate.



Cut the hand prints into rounded triangle shapes.
Glue the poem to the center of the peppermint.
Poem:
I think you're
sweet as candy.
Your love always
makes me smile.
Please keep these hands
to remind you,
of when I was a
sweet child.




Glue the hand prints to the side of the pound plate.
Add a ribbon to the back for a hanger.




On the green one I added ribbons to the side.





post signature

10 comments:

SANDRA said...

That is adorable. Great craft.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

These turned out GREAT!

The Fifth Street Mama said...

Oh I need to get me a salad spinner! Too cute!

sleepyhead designs studio said...

How cute! You've got some great kids ideas!

artsy_momma said...

Adorable! Think I might try this one with my toddler for sure :)

Rebecca said...

This is soo cute! Im going to try to think of a way to make this without a salad spinner. Any ideas??

Kylie said...

oh I am loving this, great. Please link this gorgeous idea up to my Christmas Fun Linky it is too cute not to share. :)

jennwa said...

If you do not have a salad spinner, you could marble paint it.

Get a box and place the plate in it, dip the marble in paint and roll it around. For a Christmas twist use a round bell instead of a marble.

Stacie said...

This is adorable! Going to make this with my daughter.

Mari said...

Great idea. new follower here btw. thank you