Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Indian Corn and Patterns

Here is a fun and great looking Thanksgiving decoration your kids can make. that helps them work on patterns.

Supplies: Red, orange, yellow and brown construction paper, glue, scissors and paper bag.

I cut out a corn cob shape from the brown construction paper, and small squares out of the red, orange and yellow construction paper.

Cheyanne glued on the square in a red, orange and yellow pattern.

I also cut out the top of the corn from a paper bag and glued it on.

Cheyanne wanted a picture of her eating her corn.

post signature


Melissa said...

I love this! I can't wait to make with the kids. Thanks for sharing! Love the pic of your little one "eating" her corn :O)

Jen said...

Oh, her corn turned out so cute! I actually have little felt squares in those colors- that should work. Too cute- thanks for the idea!

Creative and Curious Kids!

Vickie said...

That is such a good idea!! My kids love pasteing. This is perfect!!

SANDRA said...

I love this! My kids are going to enjoy making them! Thank you!

Kelly said...

Love this I think I will make it with my kids

artsy_momma said...

Very cool!

Deborah J. Stewart said...

Hi Jennifer,
I love your ideas on this blog - I keep sharing them with my friends on facebook. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Great small motor activity. Where can I get a pattern?

jennwa said...

For the pattern, I told Cheyannne to pick which order she wanted to put the 3 colors in. She chose red, orange and yellow and just repeated that.