Thursday, March 11, 2010

5 Senses-Taste

In preschool we are finishing our unit on the 5 Senses- today was my favorite Taste.

We did our taste page for our senses book.

"Taste"- My sense of taste helps me choose what to eat.

I cut out food from a grocery sales paper and the kids glued on food they thought tasted good.


I took a small mirror to class and let all the kids look at the bumps on their tongue, so they could see their taste buds.

Then we tasted, cocoa powder- bitter, chips- salty, lemon-sour and candy bar for sweet.

We also had lemonade. We talked about how the lemons tasted sour but adding the sugar to the juice can make it sweet.

The 5 senses unit has been a lot of fun for the kids.

post signature

3 comments:

Jenn said...

This is great! I’m starting a new MckLinky party TOT TUESDAYS next week. I’d love it if you’d stop by & share your ideas. Here’s the information & my new buttons: http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-buttons-party.html Cheers, Jenn

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

Great activities - we will be doing the 5 senses next school year - I may borrow some of your ideas! Have a great weekend! :)

Jessica said...

What page did you make for the "hearing" sense? I LOVED your idea for making these books and decided to try it with my daycare!! Thanks for such a great blog!!