Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In the Grass

Since Spring is finally here, we worked on a project that showed Cheyanne somethings that may be in the grass.

We used: Large white piece of construction paper, green paint, sponge, green crepe paper, scissors, glue, coloring sheet of insects and animals that maybe in the grass and coloring pencils.
Cheyanne sponge painted the paper green.

Then she stuck on strips of crepe paper on to the wet paint. Allowed time to dry.

Colored and cut out animals and bugs.

Glued them on to the grass.

Here are some songs to go along with this project.
Ladybug (Tune: Pat-A-Cake)
Ladybug, Ladybug, where will you land?
Ladybug, Ladybug, come to my hand,
Then you crawl all the way up my arm, And
I will assure you I'll do you no harm. When
you fly away, When you fly away, I
hope that you'll come back another fine day.
Baby Bumblebee
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee
Won't my mommy be so proud of me.
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
OUCH! It stung me!!
Little Green Frog
"Gung, gung," went the little green frog one day.
"Gung, gung," went the little green frog.
"Gung, gung," went the little green frog one day,
And his eyes went,"aah, aah, gung."
The Caterpillar (finger play)
I saw a fuzzy caterpillar
(stroke pointer finger)
Crawling on the ground.
(wiggle pointer finger)
Then, before I knew it,
(elbows at sides, hands out)
He was no where to be found.
(shake head)
I searched for him, but he was gone.
(hand shading eyes, look from side to side)
I asked my mother,"Why?"
(elbows at sides, hands out)
She said that he was resting
(palms together at side if face)
To become a butterfly.
(arms make flying motion)

post signature


~Sara said...

This is cute. Great Springtime craft.

Ms Debbie said...

Great job, Love it !

artsy_momma said...

She looks like she loved it :)

Tara Rison said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

You should read, In The Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming, also...good "tie in!' Cute project.