Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunflowers

Today in my toddler's class we made these great sunflowers. It is a great Spring project for little hands.
We used: Construction paper, glue, scissors and sunflowers seeds.
I drew a circle on a piece of paper and cut out 6 petals for each flower.
I asked them what the shape on the paper was and we counted out the petals together. I also asked them," What color the petals were?"


They glued on the petals and added the seeds to the center of the flower.


What a great way to add color to a classroom.


post signature

2 comments:

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

I love the sunflower seeds in the middle! You are on a flower roll - awesome:)

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with the craft but have to say way cool going to try it with my playschool class.....I noticed that your first pictures childs name is Karley what a nice name as it is my daughters name and spelt the same way soo coolllll