Saturday, May 1, 2010

My 1st 5K !!!!

My BFF, Beth, and I ran our first 5K. I can not believe we did it.
We ran in the Race for the Cure 2010.

We did great 31 minutes and 2 sec. I have never ran that fast in all my life. I know it is not fast compared to a lot of people, but for me it is terrific.

I am so glad Beth did it with me, it helped so much having the support and yes, the competition too.
Good Job Beth!!!


What got us started was a group from my church was participating in the race. Thanks Beth (a different Beth) for getting all this together, I am glad you turned me into a runner.
And Jamie thanks for the great T-shirts. Run Mama Run!!!!!!!




post signature

5 comments:

Astrid said...

Awesome! Great job! I'm getting ready for a half marathon (first...and last one!). Perhaps I should have started with 5k instead. LOL!

Miller Moments said...

Way to go!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Thank you so much for forcing me to do this! :) I am ready to do another one! And the thing I love the best about this race was that we finished together!

We ROCK!!!!!!!!

Avery & Hailey said...

Great job, girlie!!! You rocked!!! See you at our next one!

Michelle said...

Great job!! My husband just ran his first last weekend too. He is now hooked, we are going to watch him run another next weekend. I have to say I think I am getting motivated myself to give it a try.