Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Pencil Holder

I love looking in catalogs to get ideas for decorating or crafting. I love the Pottery Barn catalog, and in the newest one we received had this cool pencil holder in it.
I thought," Hey, we could make that" and we did. I know theirs is made of resin not real pencils but theirs is $19 and mine is made from left over things I already had.

I hot glued slightly sharped pencils to a plastic jar and then we spray painted it white.

If you are concerned about the points, just glue the pencils on the jar points side down.

post signature

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Very cute!

Rebecca said...

I love to see how people make their own decorations! Especially copied from PB :)

Ruby said...

That's aewsome! I love it.

sudipta pal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sudipta pal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
poulami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Yours looks just like theirs! Very cool!

Corinna Lyons-Revello said...

Great job! I would like to do this with colored pencils (and not paint them).

Corinna

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is a really great idea. With pencils on sale right know this would be so cheap to make.

soni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sudipa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.