Sunday, December 5, 2010

Peppermint Sandwhich Cookie

We had our Sunday School Class' Christmas party and we had to bring a few dishes.

I made Jalapeno Popper Spread (Recipe here) which is super easy and always a hit. I take it whenever I have to take a dish.

And I also took these Peppermint Sandwich Cookies. Mine are not as pretty as they could be, but they were super yummy and very festive. It is a Duncan Hines recipe.

1 box Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
10 red and white peppermint candies, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 lg eggs
1 can of vanilla frosting
2 tbsp water

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheets with non stick cooking spray.
2. Combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl. Stir with fork to make stiff dough.
3. Roll 1 Tablespoon sections of dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake 350 for 10-11 minutes or until edges set. Do not over bake. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
6. Spread heaping teaspoon of frosting on the flat bottoms of the cookie. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie, flat side toward frosting. Gently press together.
7. Place the crushed peppermint candies in a shallow plate. Roll sides of each cookie in the crushed peppermint so candy pieces stick to the frosting.

Yummy !!!!!!

post signature


Shell said...

These peppermint sandwich cookies look soooo yummy! I bet they were a big hit with the kids. Thanks for the recipe... this one I will definitely have to try!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness- these look amazing!!!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

These were soooooo delicious! I promised Dan I would make some for him.