Monday, May 16, 2011

Easy Recipes

Now that I am working full time and still have to get te kids to their activities, I need all the help I can get to make easy, inexpensive and quick dinners. Here are 2 recipes that are fairly quick and have become some of my family's favorite meals.

Mexican Chicken and Rice Love this recipe !
Prep/total time 30 minutes
Serves: 4

1lb. boneless skinlesschicken breast,cut into 1/2 in strips
2 Tbsp. butter
1- 3/4 cups salsa (I use fresh refrigerated salsa)
1 envelope (5.4 oz) Mexican Style Rice
1 can (2 1/4 oz) ripe olives, drained (I skip this)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
1 medium avocado, peeled and cubed
1 medium tomato, chopped

In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter, Stir in salsa, rice mix, olives and limejuice.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender.

Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, avacado and tomoato.We make soft tacos with this recipe.

If I am lucky I get a chance to fix it with this jalapeno popper dip recipe. Perfect Dinner !

Beef Stroganoff

I follow the recipe on the back of the McCormick Beef Stroganoff Sauce Mix except I use ground beef instead of beef sirloin. I also add onions, mushroom and a little garlic when browning the beef.
I serve with rice and a salad . YUM!!!

post signature

No comments: