Sunday, March 31, 2013

Yummy Orange Cake

 This Saturday morning Colton, Chey and I decided to try a new recipe I found.  Really easy!!!

1 Box (15.25 oz) White Cake Mix
6 oz non-fat Greek Yogurt
1 cup orange juice
freshly grated orange zest, optional
powdered sugar for garnish optional
Instead of powdered sugar I served it with fresh strawberries and Cool Whip.

The cake has the constancy of a pound cake.

 In a large mixing bowl combine the first 4 ingredients. Pour batter in a 8x8 in greased pan. Bakeat 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes.

 The kids did a great job making it and had fun too.

 Then we started on a Shepard's Pie. I love cooking with my kids at this age !!!!
post signature

1 comment:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

YUM! And did I miss that you painted your breakfast area green? Or is that like Dan's shoes - just one more thing I've forgotten??