Thursday, March 13, 2008

Slow Cooker Thursday


Today at Sandra's, Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, the host of slow cooking Thursday is having a contest. Summit a recipe and you could win a new slower cooker. Also check out every one's great recipes.
I thought I would summit Mexican recipes. I love me some Mexican food, my favorite. Make my mouth watering just thinking about it. It sounds a lot better than the Fiber One Cereal I just ate.
First:
Lime Chicken Tacos


1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas (6 in) warmed
Sour Cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and lettuce optional.
Place chicken in 3 quart slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred an return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce if desired.
Makes 12 tacos.

Next is:
Cheesy Bean Dip
This also makes great Bean Burittos.
This recipe came from Fix It and Forget It 5 ingredient favorites
16-oz can refried beans
2 8-oz pkgs. cream cheese, cubed
2 cups salsa, hot, medium, or mild
2cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 envelope dry taco seasoning mix
1. Mix all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir to combine well.
2. Cover and heat on High for for 1 1/2 hours, or on Low for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve with corn chip.
To make a bean burrito place it on a warm tortilla, add lettuce and hot sauce and it taste delicious.

post signature

28 comments:

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Both recipes sounds soooo good! Thanks for sharing and stopping by. Have a great day!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Steph said...

YUM! I am going to use both of these I am a mexican food freak!

Susanne said...

WE LOVE MEXICAN. I'VE NEVER TRIED BEAN DIP IN THE SLOW COOKER. YUMMY!

Secret Agent Mama said...

I love these recipes. We are big Mexi-buffs!

Amber M. said...

The lime chicken tacos sound so delish! I'm in desperate need of new recipes and this sounds like a winner. Thanks!

Brittany said...

I am so hungry. lol

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Lime Chicken sounds really good! Gonna have to try that one!

Darrin said...

Have I ever told you I reaaaaaalllly dig your recipes?
Awesome!!

Sherry said...

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it!

Sherry
http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/slow-cooking-thursday-mozzarella.html

Michelle said...

oh lime chicken tacos.how yummy!!!thanks for sharing.have a great day and good luck..:)

Melissa said...

Yum! You're making me hungry! :)

Melissa said...

Yummy on the bean dip! I'm going to have to give that a try!

I always get the best tips from your blog!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

Oh gosh that Lime Chicekn recipe look amazing! Seriously!!!!

MJ said...

These both look great. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Crockpot Lady said...

I love the sound of the lime tacos, thank you for sharing!
-steph

Pam said...

mmy, yummy, yummy! When I get the random recipe link up- you should link these to that and share the goodies! yum!

Eleisia said...

I printed a copy of both recipes. Love chicken tacos and we make burritos a lot!

Eleisia at
http://chrysanthemoms.com/inthekitchen/

Melanie said...

You always have such yummy slow cooker meals!

Sheila said...

That lime one sounds delicious! I wish my kids would eat tacos, though.

Melissa said...

Sounds so yummy!

Betsy said...

Both recipes would be a hit at my house! Thanks for sharing! I am going to link to them on my recipe blog so I can print the recipe off when I am ready to make them!

The Boyds Family said...

Yum!! You're going to make a cook out of me yet...

Sandra said...

Oh these sound so good. Thank you for sharing :)

Andrea said...

Sounds good...although I have to admit that I've never been a fan of mexican food too much - unless it's not spicy! :) I like really mild food.

Janelle said...

This sounds yummy! I will have to try it soon.

Kendra said...

Hi, I found your blog off of a friends blog. I was wondering what size of crock pot do you use? I am a new Mom and the recipes you have posted look great!

Bonny said...

I just found your blog and I have to say that I just love it. I don't have any kids yet, but all your craft ideas sound awesome. As for this particular post, this bean dip sounds divine. I'm totally making it tonight! Thanks so much!

4funboys said...

I've got my crockpot warming up right now...

thanks...

from me and ALL my boys... they love, love burritos!