Spring Craft- Flower Fence
Hello everyone. I am sorry I have not been around lately, I got hit with some flu like thing. Yuck!! I spend 1/2 my kid's Spring Break in bed. But I did manage to do this one craft today.
Yeah, Spring is coming. Today was nice enough to open up the windows, so I thought we would do a Spring craft.
You will need: scissors, glue, paint brushes,white paint, pipe stem cleaners, foam pieces, pom-poms, and craft sticks.
First, paint craft sticks white. Allow to dry. Do a thin coat so that way the paint will dry faster. It is suppose to look like a fence, so if some wood shows through, that is O.K.
Glue sticks together in a fence pattern.
Cut out petals from foam pieces. I used 5 to 6 petals for each flower.
Cut out 3 leaves, same shape as petals.
For the stems I cut out thin strips of foam, but pipe stem cleaners would work great too.
Cut out 3 leaves, same shape as petals.
For the stems I cut out thin strips of foam, but pipe stem cleaners would work great too.
Then glue each end of pipe stem cleaner to the back and shape into a triangle.
This one is Colton's.
This one is Colton's.
This one is Cody's.

Comments
I am getting something sick-ish today... not sure how bad it will end up! I am hoping it just passes by and doesn't get much worse than it was today!
Glad you are up a little now!
You're so good, the crafts look precious even when you're under the weather...I hope you feel better soon : )
We have had beautiful spring weather the last few days and we have enjoyed it.
Cute craft (as usual)! :o)
This one is really cute! I can't believe how fast you whipped that one out!
I'm copied some of your pictures from this post and sent it to the "assisted living home" our girl scout troops are involved with....the girls are going to come have lunch and do a craft with the residents. They offered to supply the supplies (which is a bonus because it saves us money). I totally think this would be a great door "wreath" for them. We like to do stuff that decorates their doors (there is about 60 doors). I hope they go for it. Thanks for the idea.
You are great!
~Amy
P.S. sorry you have been sick.
A very cheery craft!
Did you know that ice cream is good for the flu? Works for me anyway. =)
I hope you're feeling better.
So sorry you were under the weather! This virus thing seems to be hitting everywhere!
I love the spring flower fence, really cute cheerful idea.
Heidi
PS: Hope you're feeling better.
Where did you buy your supplies?
We don't go to the assisted living home until the first Saturday in May.
Are you feeling better?
~Amy
would you like to trade links?
thanks!
vhiel
http://canofthoughts.com
Love the craft :)
Hugs,
Sandra