Friday, November 14, 2008

Indian Dolls

This is my favorite Thanksgiving craft so far. It puts a big smile on my face every time I look at them. I made my own little Indian family (my husband was thrilled, Ha, Ha).


To make this you will need: A picture of your child's face, construction paper, scissors, feathers, glue, markers, a piece of cardboard (I used a shoe box) and Indian coloring sheets.

Here is an Indian boy coloring printable. I used the large and then enlarged it to 125 %. But any coloring page would work.
Of course you could always draw your own outfit.









Color and cut out the body of the coloring sheet. Glue on body, head and feathers to construction paper.

At first I thought this would be cute by itself, especially after laminating it. But I wanted to do more with it.










Next, I glued the picture on to a shoe box.


Cut around the picture .










Folded pieces of card board and glued them to the back to make a stand.







































post signature

15 comments:

Allie said...

These are incredibly cute!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I love this! Love it!

Dee Light said...

Oh wow!! These are cracking me up. Too fun.

sandy said...

How fun is that?! They are really cute.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are SO cute! I want to do them myself! Of course, I'll also need to make a lil indian dog, a couple of indian cats and an indian horse to go with!

Pam said...

Girl, that is incredibly funny, especially because it is big heads on tiny bodies!

Melissa said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Teaching Heart Mom said...

my goodness these are sooo cute. thx for sharing

Joan said...

This is definitely going to cause some giggles at our Thanksgiving table this year! Thanks so much!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!!!

Pam Hawk said...

We always do something goofy and totally unexpected for our annual Christmas cards. (Can't do anything "normal." Not even a normal answering machine message. I try, but...)

This kind of project would fit the bill. Hilarious.

Kristin said...

This is such a fun idea. We made these tonight for a family we are doing Secret Santa with. They will crack up when they see their faces on all the Indian and Pilgrim bodies we found. Thanks for the inspiration!

Eli's Lids said...

This is too funny!!! I'm going to surprise my whole family by bringing photos of everyone to make these little indians :)
http://elislids.blogspot.com/

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

I love these! I am going to feature them tomorrow.

Keri said...

very cute as always:)