Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowman Playdough

My preschool class is doing a unit on winter, so I thought I would make some snow playdough. It is hard to see in the pictures but it glittens like snow. Since I love playing with dough, I made this cute snowman.

Ingredients for the Snow Dough:


2 c. flour
1 c. salt
2 Tbsp. oil
2 c. water
4 tsp. cream of tartar

Glitter I used iridescent white, plain white and silver. The iridescent white did the best.

Mix all ingredients except glitter in a pan. Heat over low heat, stir constantly until dough thickens and pulls away from pan (It will look like thick mashed potatoes). Remove from pan. Knead until smooth, add glitter, till dough sparkles like snow. I added glitter 1 teaspoon at a time.



Finished Dough.

I really wish you could see the sparkles.







For the snowman I used wiggly eye, chenille stem for the mouth and arms, ribbon for the scarf, buttons and an orange piece of plastic for the nose.





post signature

4 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I can see the sparkles! What a great idea!

Jaina said...

I can still see the sparkles, but I bet it looks even better in person. What a cool idea.

Kristie said...

Neat idea!

rainbowmummy said...

I can see them too!