Monday, January 26, 2009

Valentine's Sponge Hearts

Cheyanne and I made these Valentine's cards today. We used sponge art. Cheyanne had a lot of fun stamping with the sponges.


We used: sponges, scissors, paints,a marker and paper.


Trace the heart shape on the sponge and cut it out.







Dip the sponges in the paint and stamp.









For the older kids they can make pictures with the heart.
DLTK has a lot of great ideas.









Or for the smaller kids just let them stamp pretty designs.



The best part is you can wash out the sponges and use them again.


5 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a great idea. Sarah and I might try this one!

Annikke said...

LOVE the new blog design!

The cards are adorable!!

sandy said...

Sponge painting is always a big hit with my girls! I love the idea of making cards. Thanks:0)

Melissa said...

We haven't tried sponge painting yet, so I think this will be our first project. So cute!

Mary said...

thanks so much for sharing this. I think we will be making this in feb.