Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hand Print Leprechauns

We had another snow day today, so the girls and I thought we would start getting ready for St. Patrick's Day. We made these fun leprechaun hand print pictures.


To make the Leprechauns we used: Acrylic paints (green and orange), sponge paint brush, construction paper, markers and glue.











I painted the girl's palms orange for the beard, and their arms green for the hat.










Made the prints.








I cut out the pieces to finish the hats and circles for the face.

The girls decorated the faces.








The girls glued on the hat pieces and faces.























The girls finished decorating their pictures.




























post signature

9 comments:

Super Fun Mama said...

OMG you are such a wonderful, wonderful resource when it comes to holidays, especially. I've been looking online for toddler appropriate St. Pat day crafts and couldn't find any that spiked my interest. This is PERFECT!!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

So very cute!

Amber M. said...

I'm so crazy about using my kids' handprints...I will be doing this with them!

Macy and Lucy said...

I generally don't much get into St. Patrick's Day, but oh my goodness...that is just the cutest! I will have to try this one at home :) Macy is having a friend over Friday night...we just may have to make these. Love it!!

Michelle said...

This is so cute I love handprint projects. I will have to try this with Emily!

Allie said...

Love it !

het lieveheersbeestje said...

We love this! Although we never ever heard of this holyday overhere, we do know about those little fairy-tale men that live in mushrooms....

kristen said...

cutest crafts ever! we are going to do the leprechauns tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your ideas. :)

Jenn said...

I love this. What a great craft for little hands! Just wanted to let you know I linked to you on my blog:
http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/saint-patricks-day-toddler-craft.html
I hope you will stop by & take a look. Cheers!