Sunday, March 15, 2009

Recycled Items for Crafts

I hate throwing things away that I can use for crafts. So here are some containers that we would normally throw away, but they can be repurposed for our kids craft projects.


Empty glue bottles can cleaned out and filled with paint. This makes it easy for little hands to squeeze out only a small amounts of paint.


A clean small butter containers can be used for paint tubs. This is an easy way to keep paint contained when using a brush.


And this is a good way for storing yarn. Just cut a small slit or hole in the top of a tennis ball container or Pringles container and thread yarn through. Little ones can pull out just what they need easily.




post signature

11 comments:

Mama King said...

All great ideas! I think all of us crafty types save containers and random bits knowing that one day they will be re purposed. Thanks!

Anne said...

I love the empty glue one. What a great idea!

*Noelle* said...

awesome ideas! especially the pringles can!!

noelle :)

Chrissy said...

These are fabulous ideas that I'd love to share with my readers...I'll be linking! Thanks!

Valerie said...

I love recycling items like this... great post!

Valerie

Hadley said...

awesome ideas! I especially LOVE the glue into paint containers!

Momma Snail said...

Great ideas! I need to stop throwing away that glue bottle. I also save all the tops/caps from my laundry detergent. And we have a box for "junk" that the kids can pull out to make inventions, crafts, art, etc.

Melissa said...

Love these ideas! thanks~

Miller Moments said...

I'm new to your blog....GREAT ideas!

teachingtinytots said...

I make homemade paint and we use our empty dish soap bottles or shampoo bottles for the containers!

Jaina said...

Totally going to use some of these ideas!