Monday, May 5, 2008

Finger and Foot Print Apple Tree

I saw this at a friend's house, she had it on a plate and I thought it was soooooo cute.



You will need: construction paper or card stock, paint, and paint a paint brush.








Lightly paint you child's foot. This will tickle, my kids love it.








Make a foot print. The toes are the roots.











Let them make finger prints as leaves. You may want to make a border with your fingerprint, so they know where to put the leaves.








After the green leaves, add a few red apples.













This may also make a cute Mother's Day card.

post signature

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea...something I could definately handle!

Brittany said...

I actually think I could do this one!

Family O'Foxes said...

Too cute!
you have the best ideas!
~Amy
P.S. I need to blog about the assisted living home and the "door hangings" that you inspired. I'll try to do that soon and I'll let you know.

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Cute! I think I'd have a bunch of little feet all over my house if I did that... :)

Steph said...

Great idea I may have the kids do this tonight for their grandmother, the other one of course!

Maggie said...

I am SO DOING THIS! What a great thing to have...so cute!

Chrissy said...

Very cute idea. We just did an apple tree, too, using an apple stamp! Thanks for sharing.

tommie said...

we did this today ( it has rained from sun up to sun down)....LOTS of inside activities!

The foot paint smearing almost did me in! I was all kinds of crazy trying not to get brown paint every where!

But thanks for knowing I could come here and find something to do with the kids while we were cooped up in the house!

Beth said...

These turned out great! You should frame them!

Joy said...

Thanks for the great idea! I had my dd do this last night and we sent it off to her grandma in New Jersey for Mother's Day. we made it into a card and inside wrote: "You are the sweetest granny apple on the tree."
I can always count on your website for fun and easy cradt projects my daughter enjoys.

Michelle said...

what a lovely idea Jenn ! thanks for reminding me only I"ll do it for father's day..thanks for the visit..have a great day

Shannon said...

love this idea !!!

Kristi said...

Ooohhh.... I know what my fall plate will look like!!!! That is awesome!