Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough


I love this playdough, it keeps my kids busy for hours (really!) and makes my house smell like pumpkin pie . You can not beat that.


The kids have been busy making cakes for each other with this playdough.


Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
Ingredients:
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cup salt
8 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 oz pumpkin pie spice (or your own combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and mace)
4 cups water
Food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
Mix in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until all lumps disappear. As soon as it cools enough to handle, knead on a flour surface until smooth.
Store in air tight container.


This play dough is not edible, just for playing !!!!!

post signature

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Do you know if whole wheat flour will work for this? It's all I have at the moment.

jennwa said...

I do not know if whole wheat would work.

Free At Last said...

I love this idea. I cant wait to make a batch for my boys...thanks for sharing :)

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Oooh. Smells yummy from here! Thanks for the tip!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

P.S. Just shared this via link on my new blog [
Sisters By Choice] w. my SIL. Hope that's OK!

Stacy said...

I made some today and it smells wonderful! My 2yo loves it!

Life As I Know It said...

ooooh, I like this! I'm going to try it this week!

Kiera said...

Thanks for the recipe, I love playdough that smells nice, much better than plastic.

How much does this recipe make it seems like a lot?